[Testers Wanted] Aqara G100 Matter Camera Testing Program!

I have 3 g100, smartthings 2 and 3 but M100 Matter Hub. Do i qualify?

6 Likes

I would really love to test out Matter Cameras.

Luckily I own all 3 products:

My Samsung Soundbar can function as a SmartThings Hub.

7 Likes

Interesting; I have G100 and G4, but I run Home Assistant Green + Apple HKSV…

5 Likes

Sounds like you need a traditional dedicated SmartThings hub based on the original post.


6 Likes

I think it must be used as thread border router and the TVs and Soundbars can’t.
You must have original samsung smartthings hub, the v3(aeotec smart home hub) or v4(aeotec smart home hub 2)

8 Likes

I do not have G100 :frowning:

6 Likes

I am big big tester :face_holding_back_tears:. Czech Republic

7 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have any G100’s yet, I am however planning on getting multiple for a smart home plan for my next home

7 Likes

Would love to test but don’t meet requirements.

7 Likes

I have the G100 camera and the M3 hub, but not the SmartThings hub.

7 Likes

I have 2 of the G100s (CH-C08E) and the G410 doorbell, and they all appear on my Apple TV as well as in the home app on my iPhone. The Aqara HUB in the Doorbell also appear on my Home App, and I also recently purchased a Samsung TV with SmartThings. I have a BOX FULL or phones from other sources, none of which work with Apple, and I was getting very frustrated (and BROKE!)

Today I am trying to attach the DoorBell HUB with the Samsung SmartThings HUB, which is also compatible with Matter Devices. Things are getting very complicated, but finally many of my lights, Thermostats and Cameras are playing nicely in my SmartHome sand box :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Years Aqara user. Ido not reccomend. These products. Detection interval is min 15sec. Everybody who sees aqara security camera will know from distance The loophole and acts accordingly.

7 Likes

Where do I get a slack id

6 Likes

I have the same question, otherwise I qualify to become a tester. I have no clue what “SLACK” is, though. :thinking:

5 Likes

It an app you have to sign up for

7 Likes

Is the intention to add matter support to the existing G100 or might this be a newer generation?

6 Likes

I had bought the G100 now, can i still join the beta ? Also, are there any news on the progress of this beta and its official launch ? @AqaraOfficial ! Thanks
Matter G100 Everything Matter

4 Likes

The beta seems pretty dead right now. I think everyone’s just waiting for Home Assistant support.

6 Likes

I’d love to participate, but unfortunately I don’t currently own the required G100, M3 or SmartThings hub. I run a large Home Assistant setup in Norway with 170+ devices using Zigbee2MQTT, ZHA, Matter and several camera systems. I’d be very interested in future testing opportunities where the required hardware is supplied, particularly for Home Assistant interoperability, local control, reliability and recovery after network or power outages.

4 Likes

My primary platform is Home Assistant Green, using a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2 with Zigbee2MQTT. I also have experience with ZHA and ConBee II.

My Home Assistant setup includes more than 170 devices and entities across Zigbee, Matter and Wi-Fi, with products from Aqara, SONOFF, Philips Hue, IKEA, LEDVANCE and Tuya. Zigbee devices are mainly controlled through local automations, with dashboard and voice control as secondary options.

An ideal bridge should provide excellent stability, broad device compatibility, local control, useful network diagnostics, reliable recovery after power or network failure, and simple backup and migration. It should integrate well with Home Assistant without limiting advanced Zigbee functionality.

I can test pairing, compatibility, response time, local operation, restart recovery and long-term stability in a real occupied home. I can also provide structured feedback, logs, screenshots and reproducible fault reports. I would be very interested in joining the beta program.

3 Likes