G410 has stopped detecting anything

I posted this on reddit earlier today and hope that someone here can help troubleshoot.

I’ve had the G410 for about 4 months and it’s been working fine. Starting 3 days ago, the doorbell has not detected anything at all (not the mail carrier, delivery people, dog walker, or me coming and going). The only way the doorbell starts “working” is if someone rings the doorbell - then a lingerer is detected. I’ve fiddled with settings and have rebooted the doorbell at least 6 times. I cannot figure out how to fix this!

My settings in the Aqara app are ON for all AI Detection, Notifications, and Cloud Event Settings. Lingerer detection settings are: duration of stay 0 sec, range 3m, detection time interval 15 sec., and proximity trigger OFF. Detection mode is NORMAL. Signal strength is -44.

In the Home app, Security is currently set to HOME (but I think at some point it was OFF?). No automations running; Any Motion is Detected is selected in the app and also on the AppleTV, recording options are Stream & Allow Recording for both when home and when away, and record when any motion is detected.

I also have a G100 camera that has been working w/o issues. I have made sure that both cameras have the latest firmware, and have done the same for my AppleTV and HomePods. I am using 1.5v Energizer batteries.

Based on a suggestion from a reddit user, I rebooted everything (ATV, homepods, G410 hub and the doorbell) and started getting lingerer notifications for nearly an hour (2x/minute - and the button was a solid red the entire time) but then it stopped. Once again, the doorbell detects someone only if they ring the bell.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there, it looks like you’re experiencing a support-related issue. We’ve automatically created a support ticket for you and will reach out via the forum email within the next two business days.

If other members have any suggestions or insights on this topic, feel free to share!

1 Like