How do you test presence-zone boundaries before letting them control lights?

A bedroom example in another discussion showed a tricky edge case: someone standing near the edge of a bed zone made the light switch on and off, even though the room was occupied. Before letting a zone turn a lamp off, I would log zone transitions alongside whole-room presence during normal use, look for brief bounces near furniture or doorways, and test whether a short delay or a whole-room-vacant condition avoids false offs.

How do you validate zone placement and timeouts before enabling a lighting rule? What observations tell you the rule is reliable enough for the people using the room?

2 Likes

I use the map of FP2 / FP400 and check my movements in the selected areas… if it seems alright , I set and activate the automation. Sometimes it needs some fine adjustments and make the area bigger or smaller . Depends also how well the sensor is placed

3 Likes