LED strip recommendations for above skirting boards — approx. 30 metres

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to install LED strips just above the skirting boards for ambient lighting, with a total length of around 30 metres. I’d like a setup that works well with the Aqara ecosystem.

What LED strips and controllers would you recommend for this project? Would the Aqara LED Strip T1 be suitable, or would a third-party strip with a compatible controller be a better option?

I’d especially appreciate advice on:

  • Splitting the total length into separately powered sections.
  • Power supply sizing and power injection to avoid voltage drop.
  • COB strips versus conventional LED strips with aluminium profiles and diffusers for a smooth, continuous light.
  • Controlling all sections together through scenes and automations.

If anyone has done a similar installation, I’d love to hear what products you used and any lessons learned.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Hi, @AqaraOfficial doesn’t have cob light strips on the global market, I you’re using Chinese region on the app, you can buy cob lights and accessories in the following online store
https://www.spanningglobal.com/xiaomi-aqara/

Thanks for clarifying! I’m based in Europe, so it looks like I’ll need to go with a different product. I appreciate your help!

@hulya, I’m just trying to get one issues resolved with how the Phoscon FLS-M appears in the Aqara app when connected directly via Matter and when this is fixed, I’ll put up a full review.

This is a racking piece of kit that allows for various power supplies and types of LED strips to be connected. You can then either just used the DIP switches to set the connection method (Zigbee or Matter, Matter needed for Aqara) and the language / chip set of the LED strip OR you can use their web browser app via USB-C to config strip lengths (for addressable) and special effects.

I’ll let you know as soon as the issue has been resolved.