Hey folks! I’ve spent the last few weeks migrating our house over to Aqara products. We now have a W200 Thermostat Hub and two U400 Smart Locks (front and back doors). I also replaced a bunch of aging Unifi cameras with Camera Hub G5 Pro (Wi-Fi) units, which have been a huge upgrade, especially for night vision monitoring.
I LOVE the door locks and thermostat hub. The fact the thermostat works with Apple’s new Adaptive Temperature feature is what convinced me to upgrade from our old Ecobee — since the whole family uses iPhones, being able to adaptively change the temperature based on real data (lack of presences of personal devices) is going to be a big money saver, I expect. Ecobee’s away mode never worked right for us, possibly because it just detected movement through it’s sensors, and with our pets it never thought the house was empty. Excited to see what kind of change we see in our bills with this.
We also have an Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor set up in our bathroom, which triggers a smart relay that powers on the bathroom fan to clear out shower humidity.
I’m really excited to see Aqara’s new lighting products coming down the pike, and am hopeful to start migrating some of our older Hues stuff as time allows.
I’m still trying to figure out some clever automations to apply to all this. Does any have any suggestions for neat automations I could test out with our new set up? Thanks in advance