Replacing an ISP router: what would you preserve before re-pairing Aqara cameras?

A recent G5 Pro/G410 report describes both devices failing to bind after an ISP router change moved the LAN from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x. That prompted a broader planning question: when replacing a router, what can you preserve before removing devices from Aqara Home or Apple Home?

I would record the old Wi-Fi name and security settings, which unit acts as the chime or bridge, and a baseline for live view, notifications, and two-way audio. Then I would check network reachability and account binding separately before deciding whether a reset is needed. If you have migrated a setup like this, which step preserved pairing, and which step forced you to rebuild it?

I think @coccolino_26 has already provided the correct answer in the original thread. You don’t need to create a new thread with the same question; feel free to post in the original thread instead.

1 Like