Using my Aqara G4 doorbell with Apple HomeKit

I’ve been really impressed with the Aqara G4 Doorbell, particularly with how well it integrates with Apple HomeKit.

The setup was straightforward, and having the doorbell appear directly within Apple Home makes it feel like a natural part of my smart home rather than a separate system. The video quality is excellent, notifications are reliable, and the two-way audio is really useful.

I also really like the way Aqara products work together. I’m currently kitting out my home with Aqara devices as part of my renovation, and the G4 is becoming an important part of that setup.

What stands out to me is that Aqara offers genuinely useful smart-home products without making everything unnecessarily complicated. The combination of Aqara’s own ecosystem with Apple HomeKit gives me a lot of flexibility while keeping everything easy to control.

Overall, I’m very happy with the G4 and the direction Aqara is taking. It’s a product I would happily recommend to other Apple users looking to build a reliable smart home.

3 Likes

@christopherelsdon Great to hear your experience with the G4! It’s awesome that the HomeKit integration felt seamless right from the start—there’s something satisfying when a device just slots into your existing setup without friction. The fact that you’re building out a fuller Aqara ecosystem during your renovation is exciting; the cross-device automation potential only gets better from here.

Your point about keeping things genuinely useful without overcomplicating them really resonates. The G4 being one of the first battery-powered options with HomeKit Secure Video is a nice bonus for flexibility too.

Thanks for sharing your setup journey—would love to hear what other Aqara devices you end up adding to the mix

Hi @christopherelsdon , do you have an Apple TV bu chance? Because it’s amazing how you can see what’s happening on your front door and receive notifications on your TV while watching your favourite shows or movies!